Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Not So Chunky Monkey Stage

We were in Baytown to be with Jim, and decided to go visit with Aunt Stacy, Liam, Graham and Cameron.


I am sad to see Ada grow out of the chunky monkey stage but absolutely love to see her grow and learn so fast. She is getting so smart. The other day she found a paper clip on the ground and put it in her mouth. I said, "No", so she took it out. After about 4 times of doing that, I finally said, "Ada bring it to mommy" and she looked at me and crawled over to me and put it in my hand. I was so proud. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed anything sweet that I could find to "reward" her for obeying. Unfortunately, my dad, a.k.a. "BB" just finished making her a paddle out of cypress wood. We are hoping not to have to use it much! Ada loves to be outside like almost every other child in the world. She still loves to watch the horses in the field next door. My little "Ada Potato" is turning into our "Tator Tot" and as a friend from church said, "she will eventually turn into "Spud!" Being a mother is one of the greatest things in all of the world. It takes a lot of work, like cleaning, planning, organizing, etc. I am so happy to know that we will have another child to love and for Ada to "help" with, I say that lightly. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kara,
    I am glad you are adjusting to Mommyhood and loving life. This is the blessing we all hope for....
    Regards,
    Don(nie) Braugh

    ReplyDelete